YMCA


I don't know about you, but I got a little out of shape over the holidays...then I went on vacation and got sick as well (perfect circumstances for exercising, right?) Then we came home to a still snow-covered Wisconsin. So much for biking or strollering. You may be wondering how a blog built on positivity is dwelling so much on this depressing history. Well, I've learned that (as the song goes) "para fazer un samba con beleze, e preciso un bocado de tristeze": to have a samba with beauty, it is necessary to have a little sadness. In other words, how would I be able to portray the ecstasy of today without providing the perspective I'm coming from? And this state of affairs led me to a bit of depression and a whole lot of lethargy.

Such were the last several days for me. But thanks to my mother-in-law's letting me join her YMCA membership, today my state has finally changed. Eddy and I got up, ate an energizing egg breakfast, and were off for fun and adventure at the Y. He got to play and climb, eat and socialize with his long missed friends while I warmed up on a rowing machine then hit the pool. 75 lengths (3 lengths over a mile - woohoo!) and a shower later and we left, exchanging our varying happy experiences. Being a 2-year-old, his included a successful potty trip (good boy!) and mine included alternate stroke breathing and down to 27.4 lbs on the scale! =) Now I have energy, Eddy is contented and asleep, and the day looks all the brighter. Let's see what I can get done today now, with my added pep.

P.S. It is so worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment