May 3rd

May 3rd is a very special anniversary for Daniel and me.  It's not our wedding anniversary, not our engagement, not our first date (well, not officially), and not the day we met.  It's the day we decided there was something there.

I love May 3rd because it's filled with memories of long conversations all day long in the park, of hope for the future and new love.  May 3rd was determination to do right, and the reward for seeing goals through.  May 3rd was happiness together.  Another special thing about that day was it wasn't a one-time event.  There are at least 3 successive years that May 3rd was significant and unique in the life of our relationship.  May 3rd, 2003, when we decided there was something between us more than friendship, and the decision that a relationship would be beneficial...when we got a little older.  May 3rd, 2004, the culmination of a year of keeping unbelievable boundaries, in order to learn from life and seek guidance. This one didn't end in a full-blown dating relationship, but was incredibly romantic and fun, as we talked of the future, and enjoyed each other's company for the first time in a year.  May 3rd, 2005, finally, we have been dating, and experience for the first time an anniversary together, as well as make other momentous decisions about each of our lives.  And I hold each May 3rd since in my memory, for each has been in very different circumstances, with very different flavors.

As you know, yesterday was May 3rd, 2010.  It was probably the busiest May 3rd we've had.  Dan was on a very long and hard route, I was pummeled with calls in the office, Eddy was at the babysitter's, we were catching up on work, etc.  And for the first time in our history, Daniel has remembered the date before I did!  I tried to make up for the fact by cleaning and cooking a nice dinner to be ready when he got home, but I'm afraid he bested me.  My dirty, starving, overworked, under rested, bedraggled Danny came through the door at the end of the day carrying a large pot filled with blooming violet/white Phalaenopsis orchids, and swept me away.

Not the most eventful May 3rd, but definitely a sweet one.

1 comments:

Kathy J said...

I was thankful and sooo amazed you did that! Praying God continues to bless you and pour abundant grace and mercy into your marriage and family.

PS The flowers are very beautiful!!!

Post a Comment