feeling Christmas

Distraction, forgetfulness, and stress themed this December at the Hobbs' house.  Christmas was neither front nor center.  Family things happened, business things happened, personal things happened...and didn't happen.  In summary, our minds were worn out and I didn't even care enough to decorate for Christmas (Dan didn't either, but that's normal for him).  Could it really be only 2 weeks to Christmas?

I decided to take Christmas for what it really is: a celebration of Christ's birth.  Honestly, to relax my mind, body, and soul enough to enjoy my family's company and remember that night would to me be joy realized.

With that resolution I went on with head higher.  My tasks can be done.  My heart can bear what it needs, to love.  I walked into my Bible study of women (all stressed out from Christmas) and received acceptance, understanding, motivation, and prayer.  Now, with hope and camaraderie I moved forward.

And moving forward, Christmas found me.  In my chance meetings of friends at the store, good messages on Christmas cards, letting Eddy give to a man ringing the bell for the Salvation Army, receiving a box of oranges from a relative, and kind words from loved ones. That birth so long ago in the middle east really did revolutionize the world...and continues to change the world as far as Christ is "born" in the hearts of mankind.  Yes, I am beginning to feel the holiday.

As I write this, the snow begins to flutter down.  The house is getting cleaner and prettier and more festive as the day winds down and points to the arrival of Dan's parents.  That's another thing: the arrival of family.

Look and see Christ around you, and have a very merry Christmas.

1 comments:

Kathy J said...

Focusing on Jesus is the only thing that can make sense in this world! Love how you do that!
Also love this happy pic!

Post a Comment