Involvement

It's hard being left out of something. But being accepted and allowed to participate in a common goal makes brighter eyes, lighter feet, and a happy heart.


I am involved in my husband Danny's business. It is a ton of work, but so rewarding! It's great to be able to know something about lawn care, help people who need it, and reap the benefits of a job well done. And there's nothing like the joy shared between Danny and me when things go well. Even when things aren't going well, it's so much easier to handle together, and easier for me to empathize with him when I'm involved.


I'm involved with music at church.  Every time I'm asked to serve, I feel the tremendous privilege of being accepted by those talented musicians, and being allowed to contribute! I get to know them by name, talk casually about our lives, and gain a wealth of knowledge from them in the area of music.


I'm involved with a women's retreat this weekend. It's a little one, thrown by family, but exciting, nonetheless. I was asked to do a Bible study for it, to present as a workshop. I love studying, but it's hard to get the motivation sometimes, when it's just for yourself. But knowing I could share it with others helped me dive right in, and work on it night and day. 


This has been a very busy week. Gearing up the business, practicing music, preparing for a retreat. My regular schedule has gone completely out the window! But it's a good busy. A happy involvement in people and things that I love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment