My relationship

I have a personal relationship with God.  It is the greatest joy the world has ever known.  And my relationship with him is as unique as I am.  Let me tell you about it.  


God is my passion, my love, and my friend.  At times he speaks to me so dearly, holds me so close, and makes my way so beautiful and smooth, I cannot help but overflow to everyone I see of my dearest love and sing his name out from the rooftops each morning!  Other times, when I withdraw into myself in sadness and self-pity, his calm direct voice cuts deep, into the heart of the issue, causing tears to flow from my eyes, and draws me out into the light once again.

My relationship with my dearest friend is not as smooth as some, but it is filled with beauty and power and goodness.  It is also strongly tied to nature, his own flamboyant art project.  He draws me to himself in this world that he created, healing my emotions in the aromatherapy of the breeze, driving out doubt in the sharp light of the sun on snow, and building my strength in the daring demeanor of a mountain side. He has called on birds to wish me a happy birthday when I felt like no one else would.  He has sent me a bouquet of a million sunflowers on a day I felt stressed and unappreciated.

My dear friend also inspires my own creativity, and tutors me in the craft of art and passion.  He is such a master at art, and suggests to me so many great ideas that fill my heart with joy!  And when I embark on these projects, I  experience ownership, skill, love and generosity, so much so that he and I usually decide to give each thing away -- to share the beauty and inspire others.  And passion, what can I say about passion but that it is an invaluable treasure.  My friend is filled with passion, and oh, how contagious it is when I'm around him!  He also places gems of passion in my heart, for good things, purposeful, noble, significant things.  Each one fills my life with meaning.  They also keep me accountable to him, as I learn to take responsibility for those gifts.

Through the years our relationship has not grown flatter or more even keel.  It has become
bigger and more flamboyant than ever!  But, I also understand more, more of his ways, the world, and my own relationship with him.  And each year he teaches me a new lesson.  Each spring, I awake with the flora and fauna and move quickly toward summer.  The hot sun wears me down and hurts me, as he teaches me of patience one year, obedience the next, trust, and on.  But the heat always gradually ripens my mood toward God through July, until I am bursting with God's praise in my heart and sharing it with everyone.  Such is where I am now, and why my blog is filled with notes about this friend, who deserves every praise.


Perhaps you live in a more temperate climate like California or Florida, and your relationship reflects such.  Perhaps mine will change when I leave my location.  But whatever happens I know that his love for me will be constant, and I will be drawn to him all the more.

Here is a glimpse of my relationship with my maker.  Tell me about yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment