turkeys!

I walked toward the greenhouse and spotted something brown in our field.  Could it be...turkeys?  Dan mentioned they liked to hang out there, but I'd never gotten close enough to get a good look.  I quickly and stelthily ran through the greenhouse ducking behind blackberry bushes and carefully poked out the other side with my camera.  There they were, eating away.  There were a dozen of them!  I'd never greeted wild turkeys from this close before.  I love the country.  Predictably they didn't like me, though.  All of them trotted off to keep a good distance away each time I advanced.  But they sure were pretty.  After I'd scared them enough for one day I ran back home and left them to their field.

Anyone for wild thanksgiving dinner?

3 comments:

Kathy J said...

Great Pictures Nomi! I wish I would have been trained as a hunter when I grew up, I would get you a bird to roast. I'd like to get it the morning of Thanksgiving so it was fresh fresh fresh, just like in the pioneer days!

Lukas VanDyke said...

There goes the neighborhood. Once the turkey's move in it's all over.

Naomi Esther said...

Thanks, brother.

Post a Comment