craigslist

The best marketplace ever.  Not a single image on the entire homepage.  No rules.  No fees.  Just warnings to use common sense and caution.  I love secure websites too, don't get me wrong.  But for local "I need to get rid of this now" type of items, craigslist is the way to go.

Ten minutes after listing our old furniture I started getting calls of people who'd like to bring their own vehicles and haul it away for me, leaving their cash with us.  No checks to cash, no passwords, no shipping supplies and post office lines, no driving at all!  Free removal and keep all the profit.  Of course if we lived in the middle of town we could just set things out with a price tag on them and receive the same effect.  But out in the country it's a little harder (especially since there is no surveillance at the end of a 1/4 mile twisty drive way).

"Oh, yeah, it's still here.  But you better hurry.  Someone else is coming to see everything this afternoon as well.  The sooner the better!  And how will you be paying?"

I could get used to this. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment