Not About Me

I was able to go outside by myself today at dawn, and God corrected my view on the world. When I get too focused on myself--my desires, my actions, my perspective--I get down. But just standing out in a field of snow, surrounded by distant woods and hooting owls, under a pink and purple sunrise, first my insignificance overwhelmed me. I am "but a breath...lighter than a breath" (Psalm 62:9). Then, gazing at the beauty and power of God displayed in His creation, I began to see things from God's perspective--the truth.

God showers us all with blessings everyday. We walk amid thousands of trees and plants being grown and raised up by God's finger simultaneously without our notice. His love permeates our lives, and all His acts of love have purpose. In His love He became man and died for us, to restore our fellowship with Him.

In His relationship with me, He has ultimate plans for my life and character, and His plans never fail. "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6). He has given my life great purpose -- great not for anything in me, but because He is great, and all His works are great.

Nothing I can do can take away from His plans, and "...[he] is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work in us" (Ephesians 3:20).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Profound and inspiring, keep up the good work dear daughter.

Post a Comment