change

Blogs are really lame when they don't change. I'm sure you noticed that from this blog, the last week+. Even if a post is really cool (which I do not presume to say any of mine are), it loses all attraction if it doesn't soon precede a newer post. Even if the newer post is worse than the older, it is preferred, because we want and expect the blog to change. No change, no viewers.

Thank you for being so patient with me during my absence. It was a much needed time of re-prioritizing and changing of habits at home, and I think I used it well, for the most part. But I am happy to be back, expressing the joy of life...and of change.

Life is change. If there is no change, there is no life. Maybe that's why we want to see blogs changing so much--they're supposed to reflect life.  Furthermore, if you can't see the joy in change, you soon won't see the joy in life. Get too caught up with one really cool post in life and you will miss out on the entire blog. On the other hand, see change as a good thing, and it'll be a lot easier to rejoice in life, in any situation. I'm learning that now.

So much is changing in my life. Where I live, what my job is, who my friends are, how I relate to people, what my goals are -- in my family, with friends, with church involvement, and with the future.  In similar scenes and challenges, I find I have a new outlook than I did a year ago, 3 months ago, even a week ago. I've a new attitude on life, new experiences, new voices in my head, new solutions. This change presents me with brand new opportunities...opportunities to help someone in a new way, to use my added knowledge for more effectiveness, and to draw from experience to obey God quicker and more fully. The changes also help to keep life interesting. There is always some new thing to conquer.

In recognizing the blessing of change, I'm learning to enjoy my circumstances so much more, and agonize over the pain so much less. The pain will soon be over, so why worry? And the good will soon be over, so seize it while you can...but in doing so, don't forget that it, too, will go away, and that's a good thing.

Thank you, Lord, for change, for the end of this day, for sleep, and bright hope for tomorrow. Good night.

2 comments:

Lukas VanDyke said...

Change is good! It's what makes life exciting!

Kathy J said...

Changes are good, it is the TRANSITIONS to change that test our faith and courage...I am just thankful God never changes, He is the same yesterday, today and forever, which makes our changes STABLE!! Which, I know, is a whole different subject...

Post a Comment